An HSA lets you save pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified medical expenses. Cash stored in an HSA earns a higher rate than standard savings — and you can withdraw money for health care costs as often as you like, tax-free.*
Unlike with an Flexible Spending Account, there’s no “use it or lose it” caveat. Whatever you don’t spend in one year rolls over to the next. Open yours today with a deposit of just $100!
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on balances of $100 or more
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free* earnings through investment
- Tax-free* withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more
- Contributions are tax-free* and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- Checks and check cards available
- Avoid the $2.50 monthly service fee by maintaining a $2,500 minimum daily balance
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- $100 minimum deposit to open
- Low $10 opening fee
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.